Tuesday, September 2, 2008

We're a little mildewy...

but we're having fun!

The kids went back to school today after a great weekend. Of course, due to our Russian friend Gustav, we're having to play indoors. Until dad gets home, that is. Then everybody hits the puddles. I'm fine with this as long as he bathes them!

Molly and I have had some really meaningful conversations lately. This was a few minutes ago:


Me: let's talk about your birthday party.
Molly: okay, I want a blow up slide and a pool!
Me: your birthday is in November, you'll freeze your noo-noos off!
Molly: we just won't put water in the pool, and wear our jackets!


Then a few minutes later...


Me: we'll probably paint stuff at your party.
Molly: can we play games too?
Me: sure! What do you want to play?
Molly: Hockey
Me: (uncontrollable laughter)
Molly: Mom?
Me: huh? (still can't stop laughing
Molly: What's hockey?

Stay tuned in November for THOSE picture! They're bound to be amazing, the first four year old hockey team in Mississippi!


Since we have to stay indoors, I took some pictures of the kids this afternoon. Molly asked me to take pics while she danced. It's not as entertaining as video, but this will give you a good idea of what we see every day, morning, noon and night.





the headband rocks.

This is after a fun trip to Fresh Market with my mom. Molly could get whatever treat she wanted, and of course, there was no other option for her but the solid pink lollipop. She said, "I'm the sthickiesth guhl you evah did see!"

Paiz looks like she's trying to make a point. I think she looks kind of like Beth Moore teaching the Word. The leaning forward stance, the hands up...preach it sistah!I don't know what's up here, I just think it's cute. When you tell her to Praise the Lord, this is what you get. She's making her owl sound here. Hoo! Hoo!

And here she's reading her book. I read Where's Baby's Belly Button about 27 times today. This book I think is about Belle, and Paiz loses interest by page 2, but she looks so cute sitting there with it.

I took pictures of Aidan too, but he never stopped talking long enough to smile or anything. So all the pictures look really strange. He read a whole book to Molly the other night. I can't believe he's reading so well now. I'm so proud of him. Molly figured out how to add every number under 10. She calls it "making math" and she can figure out adding single digits very quickly. We worked on subtraction (taking away) last night, and I think she understands that too. Paiz won't say a word. She understands them, she follows instructions so well. But she refuses to talk. It's probably not a bad thing, she'd never get a word in with the rest of us!

So now you've had your Albritton kid fix for the week. I'm proud of them. I'm thankful that they're mine. I had a really rough day today outside of being a mommy, so I'm thankful that they danced and smiled for me this afternoon. It brought a little sunshine in my life, and we could use some of that!!

4 comments:

4 J's said...

Those pictures of Molly dancing remind me of Elaine on Seinfeld dancing! Too funny!

Kelly Waldrop said...

Those pictures are hilarious!! Libbey is really enjoying Molly. She talks about her all the time and she tells me very often about getting to see Pazalee (as she says it) and how cute she is. Tell Molly she needs to start teaching the class if she can add and subtract. That girl is too smart. I'll be expecting Libbey to pick that up soon. :)

michael and anne said...

thanks kelly! i need your email so we can compare notes on what our girls tell us. molly put a poptart in a ziploc bag yesterday morning and said she was taking it to school to share with libbey! i think she left it all day in the truck, but it's the thought that counts, right? but seriously, i need your email!

Nikki said...

They are too cute and too smart. That is amazing that Molly can add already.