Monday, January 21, 2008

7 things...let's make this good...

i've been tagged. now i have to come up with 7 things about me? hmmm...i'm an open book, so there's not much nobody knows. and if nobody knows it, there's a reason!

1. i seriously love country music. and i'm so "anti-redneck", but i love country music! i just finished a playlist on yahoo! music and it has 135 of my "favorite" country songs. i wanted to be a country singer when i was growing up. now i can't imagine living that life, but if Brad Paisley wanted to duet, i think i'd have to give it a whirl!

2. i get highly emotional about children being mistreated. if i read a news story about a mentally ill parent hurting a child, or anything about britney spears, it causes my stomach to seriously knot up. children don't get a lot of choices, and they have to pay for their parents bad choices. it's such an awful fact of life.

3. i love hats. i wish i could wear them more. if we lived in a more pedestrian society, i'd wear a hat every day from november through february.

4. if i had extra money right now, i think i would spend it on dance lessons. i really want to be a good tap dancer. gosh it feels weird to say that in public, but i do! i hate regular exercise, but i would love dancing.

5. cooking is cathartic for me. my kitchen is like my office. i can go in there and do my thing and produce good food and "get away" from the rest of the house. my latest is homemade tomato sauce. i'm addicted!

6. i keep clothes for a really long time. michael has no problem buying me nice stuff for holidays because he knows i'll have it in 10 years. i'm not trendy. i wish i was! but i think only really skinny people can truly be trendy.

7. (wow! almost done! this was easier than i thought!) okay...here's my serious one. i have several things about me that are not quite right. my elbows and knees are congenitally malformed. aidan is like me. we're seeing a geneticist next month. anyway, i'm okay with all of it, because God is teaching me that "fearfully and wonderfully made" doesn't mean perfectly formed. and nobody is perfectly formed. i'm learning to accept and love things about myself that i've spent 30 years hating. it's a big deal in my little heart to get over it. but i love and serve a perfect God who does not make mistakes and created me to worship him above all things and when i am critical of me, then i'm critical of him and that directly impacts my worship. so, i'll raise my imperfect arms and stand on my crazy feet and tell him how wonderful he is to have given me life.

okay...now i have to tag? do i know enough people to tag? jennifer williams...and oh i don't know.

aidan has the flu. 103.7 fever last night. today he's had all the symptoms and the flu test came back positive. we're all on meds to try not to get it. what will i do if i get sick?mama's don't get sick days!

so i'm off to bed now to try to sleep this queasiness off. i think it's just the tamiflu that makes me feel yuck. but i need the sleep anyway.

No comments: