Saturday, May 10, 2008

A day in Meridian

Before we moved back home to the Jackson area, we lived for 2 and a half years in Meridian, MS. While we were there, a really special girl (and some other really special girls...but they didn't get married today) babysat for us pretty often. Aidan loved her and so did we. She got married today, in a sweet, worshipful, precious ceremony at Midway Baptist Church. I'm so proud of Morgan. She has let Jesus guide her through her teenage/college years and has always tried to seek him first. God has truly blessed her for it. It was obvious from the people there that many people love her, and they should. She's openhearted and giving. She has a genuine smile and spirit about her that just endears her to all that know her. I wish her God's very best.

I have to be candid and admit that we approached today with hesitation. Can we go back there? Will people be nice to us? Will they even care if we show up? By all means, the day was not about us at all...it wouldn't have mattered if nobody had even said hello. But because we invested so much of those 3 years there, we hoped that we would be received with gladness and not a cold shoulder. So we prayed. We prayed about today, that it would go beautifully for Morgan and Carl. We prayed that we would see sweet friends and it would seem as if no time had passed. And God answered our prayers completely. I saw so many people who I dearly, truly love and will always love. It was so nice to be hugged and loved on again by those sweet people who were our family. Everyone was so kind and wonderful. It was a great day. My heart feels peaceful about our time there...where as before it didn't. Praise God for his love and his hand on all situations.

I believe with all my heart that if you love God, love people, and your motivations are pure, then God will bless you. God blessed us today. Lord knows, we made mistakes. We always will! But I felt like today was a confirmation that we did the right thing...living there, and going back there today.

I don't know if Morgan reads my blog or not...but I pray that God just rains blessings down on her and her sweet new husband.

No comments: