Friday, May 30, 2008

The Princess and the Birthday!

Maggie, my sweet niece, turned 3 and had a Princess birthday party at Strawberry park last Saturday. The kids had a great time, and JM and Sharon did a wonderful job. The girls were each given one glass slipper and they had to go hunt for the other one. The boys were given their helmet and shield, and they had to find their sword. It was fun for everybody. Even Molly, who is channeling her inner Maxwell Smart and using her slipper as a phone.
Aidan loved being a knight. He's bound and determined to save the world one day. Either as a superhero or a knight in armor. If I could just get him to save his bed from being unmade, that'd work for me!
Max is simply the greatest kid. Everything about him makes me smile. And my favorite part? He loves to give hugs and kisses!
Maggie looked beautiful. Her cake was befitting a perfect princess. I think my dad was sad that fondant icing just isn't as delectable as buttercream...he's seen too many episodes of Ace of Cakes. He was sure that it tasted just like regular icing!
This was a great start to our busy weekend. It's been so hectic around here that I'm looking another weekend in the face and I'm just now processing the last one! On Friday night of last week, Michael and I saw Indiana Jones. I loved it. I mean sure, it was a bit farfetched at times, but all the elements of a good Indy movie were there. Madelaine kept the kids, and that is always a great time for them. She's awesome. Then on Saturday after the party, we played in the yard. Slipping and sliding all afternoon. Then a trip to the ER that night with Paisley. I thought she had a broken collarbone. Michael was here with the kids, so my folks met me there so I wouldn't be downtown by myself. Turns out she had "nursemaid's elbow" which apparently means some tendons got stretched and her elbow popped and caused her some pain. The bill that I'll get for that will cause me some pain, I'm sure! On Sunday we went to church then over to mom and dad's house, where more pool time and haircuts were on the agenda. We stayed till suppertime, then went home and chilled out for the night and all the next day. Michael went out of town on Wednesday, and will be home tonight, right before Tatum and Trevor's (cousins) birthday party at Pump It Up. So another busy weekend ahead! But lots of fun. More pics on the way!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

carrie said...

mackenzie had nursemaid's elbow once when she was little too. mark took her down to work for an x-ray, but they couldn't figure out what it was. finally she came to our room in the middle of the night, and mark had an epiphany. he researched how to fix nursemaid's elbow, did it, and she was back asleep about 5 minutes later.

Anonymous said...

Carlee Grace had that same exact thing, too. Scared me to death, and I felt so dumb when they popped it back in place, and she immediately had relief. The party looks fancy and fun. That cake was beautiful!! Nikki