Friday, February 22, 2008

I just decided to show the "after" pictures...the "before" ones were just too ugly. Which is WHY we had it painted! Anyway, my LR is a light yellowish color. Lighter than I thought I wanted, but I love how the room brightens up. It puts me in a great mood, just being in there! Rob and Casey did an incredible job. They were fast and much neater than I thought painters would be! Anyway...I'm proud of my new colors!
Another LR shot. Michael's working. It's almost 11 on Friday night. It's been such a crazy week, he has to catch up. Don't you love my lime green retro chair? Don't answer that if you don't!
The kitchen, eating area (I can't call it a dining room), stairwell and hall are all this color green. I ADORE this color. I'll put more pics up when we get stuff on the wall and a new light fixture. Right now, our broken light fixture looks like we're in a back alley diner. Sorry for the counter clutter. We're working through it piece by piece.
This is the first day with Perry at our house. I love their expressions. Aidan looks like he's happy no matter what...the girls, however, are a bit wary. Things are going great. She's a precious child. Everybody is getting along wonderfully. Aidan is learning to back off and not be in charge. Molly is learning to speak for herself, something she's always allowed Aidan to do for her. It's been great to see them develop just this week. Perry has fit right in. She loves helping with Paisley. I laugh at her questions...between her and Aidan, my actions are well documented. I just thought about this, but she's having to learn how a different family works. We don't know their inside jokes, she doesn't know ours. We are finding out her favorite things, and she's learning what we like. It's amazing how much room is actually in your home when you make your personal space bigger. I wondered if I would feel like my space was being "invaded". But it's been quite the opposite, actually. I feel my heart getting bigger by the day. I'm learning that being open and letting people come in your life and home and be a part of that is actually so rewarding. This is something I've seen my dad do, and admired him for it. Hospitality is one of my spiritual gifts, but I have never really used it. So it's great to see God making my world bigger and stretching me by adding a person to my daily routine. I'm not saying I'm open to a fourth kid of my own, but Perry is a great temporary one!

My first P.Chef party is next week. I'm nervous, but I got out some of my new stuff tonight and used it. Okay, I was doubtful, but the Ultimate Mandoline is amazing. It really did save me time. It takes me about 5 minutes to slice an onion, and it took less than one minute to use the mandoline. And the cleanup was fast too. And the Microplane Grater may just be my favorite. I may put parmesan cheese on everything now. So the party should go well, now that I'm learning how to use the stuff!

So, new house colors, a new house guest, and a party next week. Plus Aidan's birthday is 2 weeks from today. Yikes! Better make those invitations. I can't believe my little fella is almost 5. He and I had a big day yesterday. I found out that that there is an explanation for all the "weird" things about me. I have a syndrome called Nail-Patella syndrome. I hesitate to put that on here. It doesn't bother me, I've lived with the unexplained weirdness all my life. But I don't want Aidan to have any problems. He has no idea that God made his arms and legs a little different from everyone else. They are healthy and strong, just formed differently. Anyway, after 31 years of not knowing why my thumbnails, elbows and knees were not "just right", now I know. And that gives me so much peace. And I'm so in awe of God's timing. I would probably not have had children if I had known what was the matter and the risk involved. And now I can look at my sweet faces that I get to know and love every day and be so thankful that God protected them. My case and Aidan's (and possibly Molly's) is very mild to moderate. We are so blessed. I'm learning every day what "Fearfully and Wonderfully Made" means. Nobody was created perfect. Comparing myself to others is silly. I'm who I am for a reason. God has taught me so much in my life about being different and that being okay. Being tall, having a low voice, being outspoken about my beliefs...those were things that separated me from the crowd. And while I cried bitter tears over it in high school, I could not be more grateful for those differences now, because of what it will mean when I teach my children acceptance and unconditional love. I hope that doesn't sound arrogant at all. That's not what I mean. I just am so thankful that God has brought me this far and I hope he uses the way he created me for His glory.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

4 J's said...

I love the green chair and the polka dotted one...were they there when I visited? Where did you get them? The colors look great! I want to see the before though so I can truly appreciate how it has changed!

The DeLoach Family said...

The house looks great! That is pretty much the same color green as my kitchen and I also love it! I am glad that everything is working out with Perry! I know that everyone is happy with the new situation! See you soon!

ADBulldawgs said...

Love the colors - I am so glad the Perry project is working out. She looks like a major Strawberry Shortcake character in that picture, I guess because of the black (slimming) turtleneck against her plump white cheeks!

Anonymous said...

The new colors are great. I know you'll have a great time with Perry, and she with you guys. She is so precious, as your children are. You are wonderful to be able to help April and Trey out the way you are. Nikki

The Floyd Family said...

The house looks great!!! Ya'll are such a sweet family. Your house looks precious! I'm so glad your new endeavors are working GREAT! Girl you know how to get things done! Donna