Tuesday, February 5, 2008

when the lights go down...

The kids are in bed. I love this time of night, the winding down of a busy day. I like knowing my three little high-spirited children are getting the rest they need to grow and be strong for another busy day tomorrow.

Molly went back to dance class today after a 2 week sick break. She was so happy to be back in the pink tights. I love watching her. She never takes her eyes off the teacher and tries so hard to imitate every move...until she looks at me. Then she gets silly and starts making faces and cutting her eyes at me. It's really funny, but I put on my stern face and tell her to watch Mrs. Donna. She is also learning the words to so many songs. It's fun to listen to her sing in the car...she loves "He's got the whole world in his hands". She and Aidan love each other fiercely, but they fight with equal passion. He wants everything to be just right and she just wants to have fun. But they can't walk away from each other and play separately. So Aidan gets mad and calls her some crazy name and Molly's response is always the same, "God makes me special, Aidan!" And I hope she believes that with all of her heart. God makes her so special.

I scrubbed my bathroom last night. Exhausting work at 10:30. But I have no time to do it during waking hours. But all the kids' laundry is put away and the dishes are mostly clean. I've balanced the checkbook, sent the emails I needed to send. I need to pay some bills, and do some stain fighting, then I can call it a day. I'm so overwhelmed. I need to organize a bunch of stuff...but I have no idea where to put it. We could seriously use a utility room.

I think we've decided about Aidan's school for next year. I think he'll just stay where he is. He likes it, it's cheap, and we can't afford to move right now. But if I start working a little bit, maybe we could sell this house and move in time for first grade.

Paiz is crawling. And pulling up on EVERYTHING. She's changing every day. She wants table food. She wants to take shorter naps. Watching her grow has taught me something. When Aidan was a baby, and even now to an extent, he grew fast physically. But with no older sibling to watch, he stayed a baby for a lot longer then Molly or Paiz. Paiz sees the big kids and wants to be where they are. It's sad...she's my grand finale baby...and I'd like her to stay little. But I know there's no chance of that.

Tomorrow night, church...then Thursday, ANNIE! I can't wait. Molly and I have to figure out what to wear.

No comments: