Monday, March 17, 2008

Manic Monday


It took 3 hours to get everyone dressed and out the door today. I learned that Paisley really won't nap if the kids are awake. She yelled at me all morning. We finally made it to the van, and everyone was safely buckled in and then I had to decide where to go. The mall was my destination of choice, because I figured we'd get the chaos out of the way early in the week. We accomplished a few things...the largest being the consumption of 2 kid-sized icees while walking from dillards to belk with no spills.


Tomorrow we'll take it easy, hopefully clean out the van, and play outside. I have to go to the grocery, I need to practice my new dessert for my PC party on Thursday. Another food to send to Michael's office for taste-testing. Engineers are good for that sort of thing.


This weekend was wonderful. Friday night was our almost-regular trip to Chicfila, where the kids ran crazy and we ate sandwiches and enjoyed being "out". Saturday was a lazy morning, then a wonderful, relaxing Easter Egg hunt. It's so nice now that the kids are a bit older and we don't have to watch them every second. Then out to eat for a grown up fun time Saturday night at Pan Asia. I love the stir fry bar. I feel almost healthy...even though I know the sauce is super-sugary. I bought a pair of cute shoes and got Aidan's Easter shorts. Today I got his belt and shoes, so now all I need is a bow for Molly. I hope Michael and I have things to wear!


We decided yesterday to take vacations this year. We haven't done that since Aidan was 1! So we're taking the fam to New Orleans in April, and the beach this summer. I am SO excited! Especially if it works out that we can leave Paisley. Then we might actually get to vacation.


Michael and I have been discussing the fact that we won't have any more kids. The doctor doesn't want me to...says it would be dangerous. And we certainly have a full plate. I can't imagine being any busier than I already am. But there's a grief that comes with knowing that chapter is over. Our hospital experiences and all of that have been very good, thankfully. But we're ready to raise the kids we have and move on with life. Anyway, we've been praying a lot about this and I feel this is what God wants for us.


So...anyway...tomorrow we're taking it easy, Wednesday we're going to Clinton to visit my aunt, Thursday and Friday, who knows? I want this to actually end up feeling like a spring break...but how do you do that with 2 kids and a baby?

Gosh this post was boring...but i'm too tired to have provocative discussion about anything.



No comments: