Sunday, March 30, 2008

and one more thing...

this morning, the choir sang a really joyful, upbeat song, Shout for Joy to the Lord. after church, i was goodnaturedly teased by a few people about looking like i was about to start dancing in the choir loft. i took no offense whatsoever and laughed about it...but i have to say this: even though i am overwhelmed with my life right now, as i just posted about, God is so great, and so big, and so powerful and loving and wonderful...i will worship him regardless of my circumstances. i can't sing "shout for joy" and not want to shout! i really don't care where i'm in church...fbc, pinelake, alta woods, wherever! so if i start dancing in the choir loft...and you don't have a problem with it...dance with me!

i worried for about a day or so whether being in a more traditional worship setting would bother me, since i tend to be expressive when i'm talking about or singing about Jesus. but God has really given me a peace that church is church. it's a body of believers coming together to worship him. so i'm going to do it my way. it's fine if it's not your way. i can worship standing still too...but this morning, i just couldn't. i also worried for another day or so about whether people would be offended if i raised my hands. or if they'd say something to my parents (and if they do...the problem is not with me!) but again, God has really given me a peace about being myself. now, if i'm a distraction, that's another story. i would never want to hinder anyone else's worship. but if i'm doing my thing, and you're doing your thing...and they aren't the same...that should be okay, right? i think so.

i'd better get some more video or pics of my kids...articulating my thoughts wears me out! or maybe it's all the dancing...

1 comment:

carriemclean said...

my fellow praise team friends make fun of my "dancing" during church too. i don't realize i'm doing it; i'm just happy. don't worry, just be joyful!