Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Things I think about

When I'm not on the phone while driving...I think. The kids are strapped in, nobody can touch me, it's a good environment for pondering. So I pondered on the way to Clinton today, and when my thoughts got to be too much for me, I called my friend Jennifer and gabbed.

My first thought: if I received news that I had a terminal illness...and it was getting close to the end of my life, I think I would like an "early" funeral. I want to be there. We'd have great music, an awesome worship time, good food afterwards, and I'd get to say "see ya, I'm going to heaven!" I know this will not happen, and it's probably a dumb idea...but in theory, it makes a little sense!

Second thought: Elliot Spitzer's scandal. The gov. of NY. This whole thing has made me mad. I mean, what he did was wrong, and he made a very, very, very bad choice. But the girl, the prostitute he was with, is now being handed book deals, her songs are being played on the radio! No condemnation, just fame and fortune. I know it's not up to us to condemn anyway, and that's not what I'm getting at. I just think it's so sad that his family is having to suffer while she gets rich. He made a wrong choice, but she's in an immoral profession, and nobody seems to mind about that. She also made a Girls Gone Wild video, and will probably make loads of money from that too.

And while I'm soapboxing...can I just vent a bit of frustration about the presidential candidates? I mean, I don't like either democrat, and John McCain was my LEAST favorite of the republicans. And I've never cared before...but the older I get, and as my kids grow, it matters to me. And I'm really sad at having no good choices. (By the way, you don't have to agree with me. I can be friends with a democrat or a McCain supporter...maybe.)

Michael got us all up this morning at 4. There was a "rotating cell with serious tornado potential" in Canton, so he put the kids on the floor in the hall. They never woke up. He got me up to hold Paiz, who wiggled relentlessly. We sat on the floor for 30 minutes, then back to bed. Paiz kicked me, pulled my hair, and poked me in the face. It was most uncomfortable. I told him next time, save the kids, and take a chance with me.

My 3rd Pampered Chef party is tomorrow night. I have a new recipe. Should be fun, this is all the praise team girls I sang with from Pinelake. I haven't seen them in 6 months or more. They were my church family for a year or more, so I'm excited. I can't wait to hug them all.

I'm going to actually read more than one page in my book then fall asleep. 4:00 a.m. was a LONG time ago!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We too had a gathering in the hall at 4:00 this morning. When David Hartman, declared it safe we returned to our respective beds, with the exception of Perry who wanted to sleep in the hall because that would be fun. Sleeping in the hall lasted just about long enough for me to get back to sleep before she crawled over me and buried her foot in my throat until the alarm clock sounded.

theglenns556 said...

"save the kids and take a chance with me" HA! Made me laugh out loud!