Monday, April 28, 2008

No rest for the weary...

This week has taken off at a gallop. The weekend was stressful, with lots to do, and one parent out of commission. Then Sunday night, after the church indoor rainy picnic, I had my first migraine. It was horrible. I was asleep at 8:30 and slept for 10 hours. Then today I had errands to run and a Pampered Chef party tonight at my parents' house. We have something to do every day this week. I really need to be taking cute, funny pictures of my kids and posting them...and I will when I get a minute. But for right now...it's run run run!

Is everyone dealing with this right now? It seems like it. Do we overcommit? Or do we just not have time to do the few things we sign up for? I don't know...but it's a vicious cycle.

On a proud mama note: Aidan read a whole book (that he'd never seen before) to his class last week and got a "super reader" certificate. He's really coming along with his reading. Writing, not so much.

Molly, Perry and I painted our toenails blue today. It was really fun. We're some snazzy girls, let me tell you.

Paisley has learned to shake her head "no". And she means it! She also has found her scream and just hollers and laughs all the time. I can't believe she's almost one. I really should get her picture made professionally...

Michael is shopping for golf clubs. He wants to sell his old baseball cards so he can buy nicer clubs. I asked him if he was going to put his new clubs in his old bag. I said, "doesn't the Bible say something about that?" (I was referring to the new wine in old wineskins verse). He responded with "Yes, when Paul was writing to the Callawayians, he said that new clubs only could go in a new bag."
What a comedian.

time for sleep.

"today is gone, today was fun. tomorrow is another one. every day from here to there, funny things are everywhere". Dr. Seuss.

1 comment:

The Ainsworth Family said...

Where does the time go. I don't over commit, but I just have tons to do when I get home after work. I have tried so hard to cook on the weekends and have left overs for the rest of the week, which by the way I can't stand left overs. Anyway, it just seems like you don't have time to do anything. I don't see how people do it with more than two children that are going in different places. I guess I will find out when Nolan gets to the age he wants to do something, then Mamie wants to do something else. You will just have to find time for yourself.......... Happy Tuesday to you!!!