Monday, June 9, 2008

Blissful day...

I have gone swimming 3 times today. I have read my Bible and my new book. I have been to the mall, twice! We ate at The Melting Pot downtown tonight. I'm so relaxed I feel like I could just float. I don't remember the last vacation I had like this...let's see...2 years ago, Michael and I went to Six Flags in Atlanta and then white water rafting. It was awesome, but very tiring. This may be the first time I've chilled out in years.

I wish some miraculous fluke would cause me to run into Brad Paisley somewhere...but I know that won't happen. It's fun to think about what I'd say to him, though. Michael says I'd ramble on and on and on. I think I would just tell him we named our baby girl at his concert. Maybe next time, he'd throw a guitar pick to me, just for doing that.

We were walking downtown tonight and heard a really drunk guy singing Johnny Cash in a karaoke bar. It was hilarious. I was asking Michael what I should sing if I had the guts to get up there. I didn't do it...but maybe, just maybe, I'll work up the nerve. I'll let you know. Any suggestions as to what I should sing? The problem is that they pipe the singer out on the street, so everybody hears it!

It's really late, I'm really sleepy, and who knows what I'll say if I keep writing. I'm passing the laptop to Michael so he can see how much golf balls are selling for on ebay. By the way...we look like the Cleavers. The only room his office could get is a 2 double bed room. So we each have our own bed. Nobody steals the covers! I'm feeling very 1950's with this setup. Maybe I'll buy a ruffly apron tomorrow at one of these country stores in the Opry Mills mall.

If we take any pics, I'll post them...Country Music Hall of Fame tomorrow. Michael thinks I'll cry. I always cry at stuff like that. It's pathetic.

night night!

3 comments:

hannah said...

how about islands in the stream? you could sing both parts like michael scott. ;) i'm so glad you're having a fun week away!

The Ainsworth Family said...

it is nice to just do nothing for a change no children yelling or hitting at each other. enjoy your stay. i had to laugh at the bed story. when kyle and i went on our trip a couple of weeks ago we were to have a king bed, well they gave us two doubles pushed together. it was our anniversary, how romantic.......

Anonymous said...

Have fun Anne!! Gabe is in Nashville and he's not doing much right now - so if you get bored while Michael is at work, you can always call him! :)