Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Renaissance Day

I don't know why I can't get my pictures to line up the way I want them to...but oh well. These are in backward order...


Yesterday, Michael took the afternoon off and we went to Renaissance. We ate at Sweet Peppers (I was really disappointed in the chicken salad) and then let the kids get wet in the fountain. We brought towels and changes of clothes, and they had a wonderful afternoon. We changed their clothes there in the little plaza behind a curtain of beach towels. So now my kids have been naked in a mall. I figured we'd get it out of their systems now so when they go to college, this will be one less stupid thing they'll need to do.

Aidan loved just running through the water at full speed.
This would be a cute pic except for the water drop on my lens right on Aidan.

Molly was shocked that I let her wear that dress. She asked if I was sure she could get it wet. I told her, "just because there will be pictures, darling!"

And I'm thinking she was ready for those pictures!!
Paisley was a happy, happy baby.

She was fascinated by the water. She loved just putting her hands in the spray.


Paisley had a bit of trouble keeping her footing. It was really slick, and she busted it many, many times. But she never cried. Apparently the fun of it overruled the frustration and pain of falling.

I wish I had gotten her face up close. She was joyful. That's the only word I can think of. Just completely joyful.

Aidan doing a little fork and knife action.

Molly was mad because the food wasn't there. I was trying to make the best of it. We had to go ask for crackers to get us through the wait.

Paiz loves the crackers.
Today we went to the Yogi Bear campground waterpark. I'll post the few pics I have later. We had a great time there. We saw my sweet cousin Jenni with our friend Leslie and their beautiful girls. The kids wore themselves out. And I've got a nasty sunburn. I was so worried about getting sunscreen on the kids and Michael...I forgot to put it on myself. It was cloudy, so I didn't feel the sun on my shoulders. Next time, I won't forget. I just get so caught up in getting everybody ready, it's amazing that I get out the door with pants on! Anyway, we had a great time. I want to go back with my family and stay in a cabin. It's very relaxing and kid-friendly, except for one thing. There are NO diaper changing stations anywhere. And there were babies everywhere. But not one changing table thing. And the lady acted like I was crazy when I asked if they had one. Yogi apparently was thinking like the boy bear he is and forgot that detail.
So that's our weekend. Tomorrow will be a good day...except that Michael is going out of town again. That's always a bit sad. But a day at church will be wonderful. I look forward to it so much.
Have a happy Sunday. Rejoice!





No comments: