Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Dog days

Hot. Steamy. Stifling. Muggy.
So many words for our lovely Mississippi weather these days.
Michael, on the other hand, is in Oregon again, enjoying highs of 85 and a nice breeze. He's flying red-eye tonight and will be home in the morning. Last week was New Jersey, the weekend was Tennessee (purely fun, rafting the Ocoee), this week Oregon and next week Jersey again. I love that he's getting to take charge of projects and gets to travel. I'm so proud of what he can do. One of the guys that rafted with him this weekend said that he asked Michael how the water at this plant on the Ocoee can turn into electricity, and Michael explained it very simply and clearly. He's pretty smart like that.

I, apparently, am not quite that smart. I can't figure out what to do around here with the kids when it's too hot to go outside. We've played cards, made collages, painted, colored, played many, many games and watched many, many dvds. This weekend, we stayed with my mom, since dad was gone to the Ocoee too. The kids had a great time. They got some skates, and have skated from one end of the house to the other. It's pretty funny to hear a thump, then "I'm Okay!!!"

I didn't get much sleep this weekend, Paisley ran fever every night. By Sunday, I was a zombie. My dad told me at church that our sweet friend Madelaine was coming over Monday and Tuesday morning to watch the kids so I could get a break. I didn't realize how much I needed that. Or maybe I just really needed someone to notice that I needed it. That meant more than the break itself. So I cried and cried and thanked them for thinking of me.

Madelaine got here yesterday morning and stayed till after lunch. I went and got school supplies, ran an errand for my dad, and went to Belk. I had some gift credit, so I bought a nightgown. Now, I'm the world's cheapest person, and hardly ever buy anything that I really don't need, so this was a splurge. But it was so cute, and marked down to $17 from $58, that I just couldn't resist. Today, I went to Renaissance and got a planner from B&N, then walked around and window shopped. I went in Francesca's, and decided that I really need to do some Pampered Chef soon, because those clothes had my name on them! The prices are great, and the jewelry is beautiful! Definitely going back there.

Okay, I'm boring myself with this recap of my life, so here are some pictures that are much more entertaining!

Madelaine must have taken this...and I love it. KoolAid mustaches rock.
More Maddie photography. I wish Paiz would let go of that pacifier. She's so cute without it.
She is the best babysitter EVER. My kids rooms were clean when I got home. The dishes were done. How she manages my house and kids better than I do...I don't know. But she's awesome. She has such a precious heart for Jesus, and is doing life right. I'm so proud to know her, and I'm glad she's made herself at home with us.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Heather Avery said...

OGM...I did not even know that we had a Francescas...I have been ordering form them online. Glad to knoe we have one! Thanks!