Thursday, July 3, 2008

Making up for those last 2 pitiful posts...

Welcome to our first full week of nothing to do! June was busy, busy...but July is going to require us to find our own fun! We started this past weekend spending time with new friends that we have grown to love very much. Then Monday and Tuesday we had a lot of house time...playing, watching tv, painting pictures, and basically just hanging around. By Tuesday night, the kids were fighting a lot, so we got out yesterday and headed to the pool at our friends' house. We took our babysitter, Maddie, with us to help out, since my kids are prone to jumping in at any time, whether or not anyone is in the deep end to catch them! We had a blast.


Paiz is doing her runway walk.
Cheezits in the pool.

The girls and I on our float. Molly loved it, Paiz, not so much.


This is Madelaine. I wish I could say those were my legs, but alas....I'm not seventeen anymore.


Aidan loves the water.

I think Molly understands the term "summer vacation". She looks really relaxed!

I'm going to enjoy this month with my kids. We have no plans, just a few parties, and our 9th anniversary is one week from today! I'm trying to think of something cool to do with Michael. Going to dinner is fun, but we've done that a million times.
God is teaching me a lot about myself. I'm learning what really matters. I'm learning to surround myself with people who make me better. I'm learning that when you're sitting in a waiting room, that's a great time to read your Bible. I'm learning that people seeing me as a Christian is a lot more important to me than people seeing me as smart, talented, pretty, or even a good mom or wife. And yes, all this learning has been going on just this past week!
Happy summer...






1 comment:

theglenns556 said...

Hey, send me your email and I'll tell you about an idea for your anniversary.