Monday, July 21, 2008

Travelin' man

I'm up late tonight, waiting for Michael to come home. He's been on a business trip again, this time to New Jersey. His flight tonight has been delayed almost 2 hours. He's been just sitting on the plane, which is fun for no one.

Anyway, I miss him. The kids tried to wait up, but eyelids are heavy things after 10 pm.

It's so hot outside, I'm thinking about purchasing 2 supersoakers, and letting Aidan and Molly have at me in the yard. I'll just stand there and soak.

Molly's ears are getting better. She needed an oral antibiotic, which I knew when I called 2 weeks ago, but they didn't believe me.

Turns out I had strep. I think it's gone now. A shot and a z-pack...best drugs on earth.

Speaking of medicine...my dad thinks Vicks VapoRub can cure anything. He says "vicksalve", one word. When I was a kid, I'd go to him with a stomach ache and he'd say, "just put a little vicksalve on it."

I think he just likes the smell. Maybe Yankee could make a Vicks candle. That would rock my dad's world. He'd light it at work, and the offices would be mentholated.

Last time Michael had a trip to Oregon, he bought me a cool tshirt in Seattle. It's from the airport, but really, where is he going to shop on a layover? Anyway...I'm thinking a one day trip to Newark, then a long night at the ATL won't result in a present this time.

I made a cheap Tony's frozen pizza tonight. Yes, I know I sell Pampered Chef and can do better, I just don't want to. Anyway, I handed Aidan a piece and he said, "I don't want pizza. I don't like the potato sauce." I got so tickled and he was just standing there with those huge brown eyes, saying, "what, mama? what'd I say?" Tomato, potato, let's call the whole thing off.

Molly is into bathroom humor. Every joke has either a body part or function. I would spend a lot of time correcting this, but I know it's a phase, so I'm picking my battles. I'm attacking the You Cannot Wear That In Public battle presently. So if you see her and she says "poop" at any time, I'm sorry. We don't sit around talking about it. She's 3, and it will pass. Hopefully.

Paisley wants to be big. That's all there is to it. She is into everything, and either breaks it, or hurts herself. She has worn more bruises the past 2 weeks. I still haven't gotten her picture made, ever. She always looks like she just took out 3 other kids in the nursery. We're working on words. So far, everything is "isssss". Don't ask me what it means, I have no idea.
I have a great vid of her climbing the ladder and sliding by herself. I'll post it when I'm motivated enough to download.

Michael should be in the air and on his way to me. So I'm going to fall asleep on the couch and pray that when he walks in tonight, I won't have drool running down my face.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope he made it in safe and sound (and that there was no drool).

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better. Hope Paisley's little ears get well soon. I am still laughing about the Vicks Vapor Rub...my grandmother's cure for everything, too.

theglenns556 said...

This made me laugh!! (Is that bad or me?) Especially the vicksalve! Dan and your dad have the same thought about that stuff. He is convinced it is a cure all! One night, he couldn't find it and it was as if the world were coming to an end!!