Thursday, July 10, 2008

I said, You said, and one more memory...

I found a copy of our ceremony today...

He said, "I, Michael, promise to love you Anne, as Christ loved the church. To love you with a sacrificial love that seeks your good above all else in order that you may be presented to Christ "radiant, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless."

I said, "I, Anne, promise to love you Michael. To live "in submission as unto the Lord." To seek to uplift you in all that I do so I may show the world the peace, unity and Christ-like love that God would have seen in our family and testify to the world that God is in control."

Horton says, "I meant what I said, I said what I meant. An Elephant's faithful, one hundred percent!" -Horton Hatches the Egg, Dr. Seuss.


My next post is my hundredth. I'm working on it in my head...stay tuned.




***I can't believe I forgot this last night! My sweet friend Jennifer sent me a message on facebook reminding me about one of the funniest parts of our wedding day!

In 4 of the 9 bridesmaids' bouquets, a couple of stargazers had not opened, and there was just a white unopened bud sticking up. Jenni, my cousin and one of the funniest people I know, started tapping on hers and saying, "testing, testing...1,2,3" It really looked like a weird microphone in a flower bouquet. So Jenni, Sarah (her sister, just as funny), Lucy (my jr. bridesmaid, just as funny), and Jennifer (my matron of honor...funny as well) all started talking into their flowers. We all got so tickled. The photographer, when lining the girls up for a picture, said to Jenni, "you there, lower your microphone just a bit," and we all fell out. Oh, that was a good time. Thanks Jennifer for reminding me of that.

If you were there, and a few of you that read this were...comment with something you remember. Going back over that day has been so much fun! Thanks!

1 comment:

hannah said...

i remember that i did something wrong walking in - what was it? i think i walked in front of michael instead of crossing the altar by walking on up the steps to my appointed bridesmaid's spot. is that it? whatever it was, i remember thinking when i did it, "i don't remember walking right by the groom when we practiced this!"