Saturday, August 23, 2008

33 Years

Today is my mama and daddy's anniversary. I've been looking through my files, and this is the only picture I have of them together! That's not because they are never together, it's because when they're together, they're holding hands, and you can't take a pic with one hand! (Well, you can when you're in college and you do that one arm cheese thing, but mom and dad would never do that!)

Anyway, this is at Paisley's baby dedication at Pinelake. I cut Paiz out of the picture, because it's not her anniversary. Another reason they have so few pictures together, is because they are always doing stuff with us. When we're all together, they are playing with the kids. They teach them, laugh with them, and are the greatest grandparents ever.

I'm so glad they got married. For obvious reasons, John Mark and I wouldn't be here without them. But also because their marriage has taught me how to do it right. They show me every day that no matter what life hands you, your relationship with Christ and each other are the most important things. They've been through better and worse, richer and poorer, sickness and health. They've loved and cherished, they've prayed and encouraged. They laugh a lot. They never turn down an opportunity for fun. They spend Saturdays "knockin' around town" and just hanging out. They are my inspiration and I just can't imagine belonging to greater people.

I hope they enjoy their day. I know they enjoy their life. They both work so hard, and understand what each other needs when they are so worn out. Today they're spending the day together, going to Williamsville and having fun together. They are best friends.

My daddy has told me all my life that if I turn out half as good as mama, then I'll be doing well. Mama has told me that if I married someone half as good as daddy then I'll be set for life. It is wonderful to know they love each other like that.

Happy Anniversary you guys. You deserve everything good in this life. The greatest part is that you will receive so much more in the next. Thanks for being who you are. I love you so much.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jenibug7 said...

What an inspiration to have- and in your own family!!! Will they adopt us?! :)

Jennifer R. said...

I just love your parents and hope they had a fabulous anniversary!