Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Playdate for Paisley!

My girl is making buddies!

Michael is gone to Oregon again, and this morning, I had scheduled some volunteer time at the church. The sweet lady that usually keeps her when I do that was busy, so I was in a bind. Yesterday at Bible Study, a sweet friend that I'm just getting to know said she'd be glad to keep her. We both have girls the same age! They are a few weeks apart, and just had a wonderful time.

I'm not good at asking for help, but when I do, I'm always so glad I did!

Paiz and Lilah loved the wagon!

I L-O-V-E this picture. Lilah's mom did a great job on this one.
Oh, and Lilah wore a paisley romper in honor of her new friend! Sweet girl.

So this morning was fun for her, and I had a great time too! The kids are loving school. Aidan had an "all about me" poster due today. We made a huge picture collage of, well, him. His teacher liked it a lot.

This is a long trip for Michael. Monday through possibly Friday, and he may not even get back to Jackson until Saturday morning. We've been so busy, it hasn't been bad at all this time. School makes a big difference. Last night we spent time at my parents' house, getting to know the new Recreation minister's wife and girls.

I've been learning and growing constantly. I've also been challenged so much in the last 2 weeks. Without giving details, I was asked to do something I really didn't think I could do. But I'm learning that we are always better than we think we are. God has given us more potential then we will ever even realize here on earth, simply by making us in his image.

I've also learned that when someone thinks I can do something, and voices that to me, that gives me so much encouragement to try! By the encouragement I've received, I'm learning that I must be an encourager too, so that maybe someone else will find the strength to try something they think they couldn't do. Again, my motto is quickly becoming: "We are not blessed so that we can live in our blessedness. We are blessed so that we can be a blessing to others." That can also mean encouraging, loving, accepting, forgiving, just replace "bless" with one of those words and it can apply to so many things.

I've got tons to do around the house. We haven't been here much, so work is building up around me! I really need to go in my room and do some work in there, but since Michael's been gone, there has been a sleeping child in my room anytime we've been home! Maybe tonight I can reclaim my space!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: