Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Michael Phelps

Just thought I'd use the most popular name on earth right now as my title, because, really, who's NOT talking about him? Also, when people Google him, my blog will show up somewhere. Maybe Istanbul will show up again.

We've got a lot going on, but so does everybody. It's a busy time. I always loved the beginning of school. I loved new school supplies, new clothes, new friends, new boys to talk about. My kids are telling me nothing. They come home from their first 2 days with NO information whatsoever. The conversations go like this:

me: How was the day?
them: good.
me: Tell me one good thing that happened today!
them: don't remember.
Aidan: I got 3 stars and got a treat!
me: GREAT! What for?
Aidan: because I'm great at school, mama.

I don't know if he helped out, answered a question, stood on his head. He gives me nothing to work with.

So, since my children don't help me out creatively here...I've got some random stuff in my head that I have to get out.

Michael Phelps is the fastest swimmer. Ever. But you know that.
But why does he wear his swimsuit so low? It made me nervous during the 4x100 relay and he was all excited. Pretty sure he doesn't get a medal for exposure.

I wish, one time, a swimmer would get up there with body hair. Like, "oops! Forgot my razor!" That'd be awesome.

A gymnastic team that is more than okay with a bronze medal is more than okay with me. I love those US guys. They were a great display of teamwork, encouragement and pride (the good kind).

Seeing all the views of China and Beijing makes me want to go there.

The synchronized diving last night? That's so cool. But wouldn't it be funny if the guys got in a fight before the event, and one dude decides to do a big can opener off the platform?

I watched white water kayaking today. The white water looks amazing. But being strapped into that kayak, where you look like you have no lower body, scares me to death. Makes my toes claustrophobic.

The story about the Italian girl swimmer who is dating the French girl swimmer's ex-boyfriend? There's some Olympic drama for ya. After the dramatic clip about all that, French girl could have dog paddled through the pool in the wrong lane and everyone would still have cheered for her. Including me.

Enough of the Olympics...

I've started using a new makeup. I LOVE it. It's that Bare Minerals stuff, and I'm just addicted. I don't know if it's the actual powders I like, or is it the big fluffy brush? That's pretty fun, floofing that thing all over my face. I've been really timid with the Warmth/Bronzer stuff. I'm so afraid of overdoing it and looking like Tara Reid.

Molly is crawling all over me wanting to play on the computer. I guess I'd better give it up for now. Women's gymnastics and 2 medal races for Phelps tonight. I bought green peanuts to boil just for the occasion (if anyone wants to watch with us...you're welcome to, but the peanuts are MINE.)

4 comments:

carrie said...

i'd love to watch with you if i wasn't 7 hours away. i'll be watching with you from here, waiting to see phelps loose his pants. the boiled peanuts, i'll happily leave for you though. never could make myself like those things. i tried a few times in our 3 years down there, but all i can say is they are almost not disgusting. popcorn suits me much better.

theglenns556 said...

Your posts make me laugh out loud! Just what I needed at the end of a crazy day!

ADBulldawgs said...

I was extremely concerned that Michael Phelps was going to lose his wet suit after that relay. It was almost too much information...

Katie Walden said...

You crack me up with your randomness. I love it! I look forward to reading this blog every day. No pressure!