Friday, August 22, 2008

Happy Days are Here Again

"The skies above are clear again..."


I realized today that my mad wore off days ago, but I haven't updated, so for all you know, I'm still seething and punching holes in the wall. Definitely not the case. By Wednesday, I was snuggled on the couch with a big glass of milk, a carton of Pillsbury vanilla icing and a spoon, and a very happy heart.


Wednesday night, on the way to church, Aidan entertained us all by telling us a story about his robot named Skip. The kid could be a screenwriter. He delivered a very detailed, hilarious story about the adventures of this robot. Whenever he paused, Molly would pipe up, "tell us the next epithode!"


Tonight at bedtime, I was singing "You are awesome in this place, mighty God" to Molly. She lifted her head and said, "what does mighty mean?" I told her it meant strong and powerful. She said she hopes she can be mighty when she grows up. Mighty Molly. It has a ring.


Tomorrow, Michael's dad is coming over and they will spend the day replacing almost EVERY light fixture and fan in the house. This is the first major step to getting our house ready to sell. I've wanted new lights forever, so I'm excited.


Michael found out yesterday that he has to spend all of next week in Oregon. I don't have much to say about that, except that I miss him so much when he's gone. He worked so hard this summer, with no vacation. He took 2 days off and ended up working most of that time. He does so much for his job, and for us. I know there are so many things he'd love to be doing for himself, but he dedicates most of his time to meeting the needs of others. I know I don't show him enough how much I appreciate it. He's an incredible person. Right now, he's working on de-bugging my computer, and then will be up late doing office work. He will get virtually no weekend, and then be at the airport by 4 Monday morning. Just thinking about all of that reminds me of how selfish I can be. I don't know that I could do that with the attitude he has.


Paisley has really enjoyed having mama to herself in the mornings. She still refuses to say much, she knows the kids will talk for her. But she can point at all her parts, and make a stack of 4 blocks. She has really gotten into dancing and knows the moves to the chicken dance. I'll have to post a video soon. She follows me around and giggles all morning.


On the Olympic scene...here are my recent thoughts. I miss watching Phelps.


Nastia Liukin was wonderful to watch, and I seriously thought she was about 6 feet tall. I read the other day she's 5 feet, 3 inches. Sweet little Shawn Johnson is 4 feet, 9 inches. Those are some little bitty gymnasts!


My next favorite event is the diving. There's just something about watching a guy in a speedo standing 33 feet in the air on his hands, trying not to splash when he hits the water. Maybe it brings back all the times my mom and I talked about Greg Louganis and how cute he was.

I'm running out of thoughts, so I'll leave you with this pic of Molly. This is Michael's picture for his fantasy football team, so in honor of the season starting...

1 comment:

Jenibug7 said...

That is SOOOOO a high school graduation year book picture! Better keep extra copies of that one in a safe place!!!!!