Monday, August 11, 2008

And off they go...

We had a great summer. I was scared to death in the middle of May, when dance class was over, swim lessons hadn't started yet, and I was faced with about 12 weeks of entertaining the troops. My fears were temporary, and we had a blast during this last summer before Aidan's official school career began.

This morning, Molly woke up in our bed (nobody remembers how she got there) saying, "First Day Of School, First Day Of School!" in her best "Nemo" voice. They got dressed without complaint (I let Molly choose between 2 outfits, normally she hates this one, but she doesn't hate it as bad as the other one!), ate breakfasts of dry FrootLoops or oatmeal and jumped in the truck with Dad. Before they left, this is the pose they gave me.


I don't know if Molly is going to K3, or hip hop class. Check out that stance. There are no words for Aidan.
Paiz missed the big kids today. But she was so ready for some undivided attention. She ate all morning. No kidding, she never stopped eating. Cheese, goldfish, applesauce, hotdogs, sweet tea, graham crackers...I'm raising such a healthy child.
The goodbye kiss that brought tears to Paisley's eyes...seriously, it hurt!
This was at a birthday party this weekend. I thought it was sweet, and very fitting of their relationship. I don't even want to think about how Molly will respond next year when he's at big school. He'll be unfazed, but the girls and I will be in pieces. We love our Aidan. He came home from school today telling me that he just loves going to school. I'm so glad. He is so friendly, and speaks to all the other kids, regardless of whether they speak in return. He was the class clown last year and cracked his teacher up. I'm not sure if the new teacher this year will feel the same, but I hope he endears himself to her anyway!

As for Paiz and me, the homeys, we watched the Olympics, folded towels, picked up toys, snacked, and got reaquainted. She learned to click her tongue, and walk up the stairs on her feet, not her knees! (don't worry Mama, she held onto the rails tightly!)

My heart is full...these kids are awesome.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

joshua said...

Loved it.

PALAVROSSAVRVS REX

Kelly Waldrop said...

I am so glad that Molly and Libbey are in the same class. Libbey asked me on the way to school this morning if Molly was still going to sit by her. I hope they become great friends.