Tuesday, August 5, 2008

So Umpressed

The kids are watching Sesame Street. I'm doing my daily peruse of the internet, and was on CWDKids.com, and Aidan made a mad dash to the dining room where I am, and said "MOM!! Come see this! You will be so UMPRESSED!"

I finished my quick once-over of an outfit I'm considering for the girls and strolled into the living room, with him yelling, "This is so awesome!"

Musician John Legend was sitting at a piano singing a great little song about singing a song. I said, "Oh! That's John Legend. He's really talented! Watch him play piano, Aidan." and I was about to start waxing eloquent about the value of practice. Aidan said "No, Mama! Not him, look! It's Mr. Hoots!!" Mr. Hoots is the gravelly-voiced, saxophone playing, jazz singing owl on Sesame Street.

And I thought he was impressed by the HUMAN. Silly me.

No comments: